Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things - Kitchen

I decided that for the next few weeks I'm going to post now and then about things in a room in my house that I love. I have a pretty small place so I think the posts will be short. :) But I try to decorate with things I love and my husband loves, and make our house a home.

First off, I have to mention this:

I've recently tried to drink coffee again (I say "try" because I love it but no matter what it always gives me the jitters) so we got this at the store for creamer. It is delicious. And it was on sale.

I love, love, love my cookbooks. I rarely use them but love and appreciate them and it's one of my favorite things about the kitchen.

This is on a small wall in the kitchen under the cabinets. My mom and I both got one during a difficult time in our lives. Sometimes I have to re-read it when I am going through a hard time with someone or something and it all makes sense.

I woke up in a great mood this morning...no idea why...but was super excited to have blog comments and then I was thinking of crafty things to put on my blog, and fall, and this candle came to mind. I know it is mid summer and I haven't even gone on vacation but I am CRAVING fall. i am not too much of a fruity smells person but have been lately for some reason. But this one smells like Wildberry Skittles which are my favorite, and makes it smell divine in here. Unfortunately it is super strong and even with mild asthma I feel like my whole face and chest are closing in on me...so I have to blow it out soon. :(

This is my last favorite kitchen thing but maybe the most important. It hangs on the side of the shelf that holds the cookbooks, above our keys to see each day before we leave.

What are some of your favorite things that make your house a home?

No comments: