Sunday, July 15, 2012

Beauty Faves Part 1

So this blog is pretty much about everything...I've tried to do blogs about one thing only and got bored, so this one is going to mix it up. As you can see from my old posts when I first started the blog, I definitely blogged about anything and everything...

Today's blog was supposed to be a summary of my weekend but I have chalked my weekend up to "sucky" for lack of a better term, so beauty products, here we come!

So today's post is about some favorites of mine. I don't try new products too often, but I've tried a few lately that I really like. And they are each under $7!

1. These face wipes are the best I've tried over everything. They are 98% natural (don't ask me about the other 2%, I have no idea!) They make my face feel very clean when I don't feel like washing in the sink or showering. They smell ok too - a little perfumey but that goes away quickly. (maybe that's the 2%?) My mom always handed me a cucumber peel to wipe my face with when she would peel cucumbers and it always felt cool and refreshing. And - these wipes get off mascara, people!

2. This scrub is to die for.I have tried a lot of scrubs, both handmade and store bought, expensive and cheap. This is the best.
The scent - I like it a lot. It is beachy and tropical but light and doesn't leave you reeking. There are several scents but I like Coconut Lime the best. Plus I use my body wash after.
The scrub - exfoliates so well and does NOT leave any residue. I have spent a lot more on a scrub only to leave the shower feeling like an oil slick. I have also had homemade that made me feel that way.
The ingredients - With things like Coconut, Shea Butter, Evening Primrose, Almond, Avocado, and Orange oils, I feel pretty good about using it on my skin. This scrub rocks. The body butter is also fabulous and I use it often. Family - expect a scrub or lotion in your Christmas bag especially if you have not already gotten one before!

3. This conditioner is very inexpensive and made my hair feel really soft. It's like $3-$4 at my local grocery store. Smell is ok, typical hair product sort of smell, and similar to other Aussie products I've tried. and the squeeze bottle means no more prying it open in the shower, just squeeze out and apply!

4. I tried this for use between hair cuts and I use it daily now. (or whenever I wash and style) It really seems to keep my hair in good shape, and I LOVE the smell. not sure what it is but it smells SO GOOD to me! and it lasts a long time - I have very thick hair and only need one pump each time.

5 Last but not least, my very favorite summertime body spray. I don't use in the winter, it is very light and refreshing and in the winter I prefer to use Coco Mademoiselle or whatever appeals to me. I use the deodorant and well which has more cucumber scent to it. This does not, it is very faint and mostly smells like "green tea" or something...It's funny, I have two cucumber based scents on here and I really don't like the smell of cucumber...!

No comments: