Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Today I worked on staying inside and cleaning a bit. So far I have done dishes, "fixed" the vacuum, (which really means just taking it apart and cleaning it...it's a Bissell Pet Hair vac so it has to have the filters cleaned from time to time) done a few loads of laundry, and made a grocery run. I've also been walking on my treadmill the last couple days to try and get my exercise. I have been scared to get even the least bit out of breath since I've been out of the hospital, but I know it will do me good. Did a little over a half mile today on it, plus walking around Walmart probably ended up being a mile! I can't believe as of January 1st it has been 4 months since I was admitted to the hospital. I am down to getting my blood drawn every two weeks instead of twice a week, and soon will be able to go to once a month if my INR is steady. I have found a support group for people who have had Pulmonary Embolisms called DailyStrength. It is not great to harp on it all the time, but I have days that I really struggle and it helps to know there are other people out there with the same problem.



I just have to keep reminding myself:



1 comment:

*Ulrike* said...

We are definitely hoping for a better new year! Four months already? I'm glad that you have found the support group. It is always good to talk. Remember even people who have had cancer think that they are having it all over again. That is a natural human thing to think about especially when you have been so close to having life no more. I for one, am extremely happy you are here!!!!
Love to you! Mom