Sunday, January 10, 2010

Birthday Girl

Since we didn't get to celebrate Mom's birthday last year due to her throwing out her back, we made sure she had a good time this year.
She invited our friends and neighbors and had a good time. Mom made some pot roast, which everyone brought something good to go along with it. I think everyone enjoyed it. The girls sat down afterward for a chat, some tea, and a nice warm fire.


Mom was so mad about the candles, we gave them to the checkout girl to put back and she misunderstood and rang them up! HA!
I wonder what she wished for?
Mmm, cake.
My happy and beautiful ageless Mom!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hello Lori... oh my goodness! I just realized your beautiful mom is Ulrike! You two look very much alike...so pretty! Happy Birthday to your mama! The dinner sounds soo yummy and I am sure you all had a wonderful time... I love that you told me your great~grandmother is still gardening at 92 years young!... xoxo Julie Marie

*Ulrike* said...

Good thing the numbers blend in to the cake!!! Thanks for the compliments too, we have good genes in the family!!!
Love Ya! Mom

Mary said...

Yes, she's a beauty your sweet mom!
What a lovely Birthday celebration for her.