Thursday, October 14, 2010

Kitchen Redo - It's all I can talk about!

OK Homies. So I may be a little unrealistic about what I want out of this kitchen that we will move out of in a couple years. I'm imagining something like this:


That's basically the colors that we will use...I went to Home Depot and got the paint the other day...I'm itching to paint but we have a few minor things to do first. I have "mudded" like three-fourths of the walls to cover all the old trim boo-boos and nail holes that I just painted over before because I am lazy  had pneumonia last time I painted the kitchen and really didn't feel like messing with it. Yes, PNEUMONIA. I got bored.

Anywho. I am still debating on painting the cabinets dark. We (I) picked out a dark chocolate brown since the step-dad wasn't groovin' on the black, and I must say, I think it will work. But I'm a little nervous...the kitchen isn't tiny, but isn't huge either so I don't want to feel boxed in. Another issue is that the cabinet doors are well, not in the greatest shape, and sometimes painting things dark brings out the imperfections. BUT, I'm thinking if I sand and do a really good job, get some new hardware like this:
And this for the doors:
And some new hinges since lazy clumsy Lori painted over the old ones...then it might look pretty darn good for mobile home cabinets.

So, more pics to come as things move along...I can't wait to put down the new floor and get the walls painted. *squeal*

 

No comments: